Your 24-hour restoration contractor serving the Elk River and Minneapolis, Minnesota, area.
Call (763) 250-1267 today for 24-hour fire damage restoration service.
Quick-burning fires tend to occur at higher elevations. They will move through a structure at a high speed. This is unlike a smoldering fire that occurs at a lower temperature and burns much slower. There may even be very small flames or no flames at all. No matter the type of fire, a lot of damage can be done because of the high volume of smoke that fires produce. The smoke can cause metals to rust, fabric to change color, and the colors of pictures to change.
When fire damage strikes, don’t let just any company in your home. Choose the right fire damage restoration team to help you get your home back! Attics to Basements Building & Restoration is your Elk River, MN restoration expert.
Tips for Dealing with Fire Damage before Your Restoration Contractor Arrives
After you’ve called Attics to Basements Building & Renovations, please keep the following in mind:
- If the fire is still burning, do not go back into the structure. Wait until the fire department has verified the structure is safe to enter.
- If pets were present during the fire, make sure they are in a safe place. Then, follow up with your veterinarian to ensure they have not sustained any burns or lung damage.
- Wear a respirator and rubber gloves if you must remove items from the home. Soot is a carcinogen; it has cancer causing chemicals within it.
- If you expect to be without electricity for a long period of time, empty your refrigerator and freezer and leave the doors open. Take an inventory of anything you need to throw away for insurance claims purposes. It is best to throw away everything if there was heavy smoke.
- If the fire was small, do not attempt to clean it up yourself. Our Elk River, Minnesota, fire damage restoration company uses special chemicals to remove soot from your walls and ceilings. Close the doors to any rooms that were not affected by fire or smoke so the smell does not travel to those rooms.
- Do not try to turn on any electrical equipment until we have cleaned your electronics. There may be internal damage that you can’t see, which could result in a new fire.
Cleaning Up after a Fire
Lastly, change any air filters in your home so you can trap any particles left in the air. Leave the rest of the cleanup to us. We have the right tools, chemicals, and expertise to restore your home and make it livable again. Call us 24/7 at 763-250-1267 or fill out our contact form for your free estimate and consultation.